Health Management (a MAXIMUS Company) offers expert medical advice, dynamic health-promotion campaigns and on-site clinical support to a wide range of employers nationwide. We offer a friendly and supportive working environment and understand the importance of quality and standards.
• To consolidate and lead a team of HMLOHPs ensuring that an efficient, effective high quality clinical service is delivered to meet the needs of HML customers
• To assist in the implementation of services to clients
• To liaise with all key stakeholders in terms of procedures, processes and relationships
• To ensure consistent and commercially viable operational and clinical delivery in accordance with professional standards
• To monitor and report on progress towards achieving strategic plans to promote collaborative working across HML in conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, Regional Operations Manager and Quality Manager.
• To ensure that operational and clinical objectives are achieved in line with company strategy
• Provide clinical and commercial leadership to the OHPS in your region ensuring delivery of a high quality OH service to clients.
• Acting as CMO for HML clients advising them on policy, general health advice and HR/absence management strategies.
Operational & Clinical Management
• Responsible for day to day delivery of OHP services for HML in the area of responsibility
• Ensure by support and coaching that all OHPs maintain their GMC revalidation
• Clinical governance - review outcomes and policies with Director of Clinical Governance.
• Ensure OHPs have the relevant competencies to deliver safe clinical practise to our customers.
• To ensure that regular appraisals and clinical audits are undertaken in line with HML audit process to a consistently high clinical standard
• Responsible for OHP availability (with support from clinical operations) to ensure appropriate clinical cover at all times in order to meet customer KPIs with contingency plans in place whenever operationally possible
• Identify and maintain internal SLAs
• Supporting the CMO (and CSMs where appropriate) to achieve KPIs
• Act as lead co-ordinator on any complaints received
• Working with the CMO (and CSMs where appropriate) to implement and service new client contracts
• Provide support and guidance to the Deputy Medical Director for your region ensuring that they effective support OHPs who report to them and are able to cover in your absence.
• Responsible as Line Manager for OHPs in your region to include:
• Recruitment including interviewing
• Induction and coordination of training
• End of probation reviews
• Annual Development Reviews, performance management, clinical appraisal
• Clinical Governance including audit
• Development of employees/ roles
Project Management/Account Management
• To assist with the production of tender documents
• To assist with the production of Clinical processes and SOPs
• To undertake projects as and when required
• Liaison with Head Office in order to:
• Ensure consistency with processes
• Build relationships with key contacts to enable consistent communication and processes
• Promotion of HML
1. People management skills
2. Business and commercial awareness
3. Excellent and demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
4. Organisational and problem solving skills
5. Persuading, coaching and influencing
6. Analytical – able to produce and understand management information
• Consultant OHP (FFOM or MFOM) and/or proven experience of managing in a commercial OH setting
• Experience of dealing with HR issues (with appropriate support)
• Experience of project management
• Experience of working with a quality system
• Committed, enthusiastic, tenacious person