Health Management (a MAXIMUS Company) offers expert medical advice, dynamic health-promotion campaigns and on-site clinical support to a wide range of employers nationwide. We offer a friendly and supportive working environment and understand the importance of quality and standards.
• To contact the employee directly within 48 hours of notification from the client. The call will provide an assessment of the background to the specific circumstances and ascertain the required level of support needed to achieve a return to health and work.
• To work with the employee to map out a return to work plan and a target return to work date.
• To provide feedback in the form of a report detailing the principal issues affecting the employee and include the prognosis, agreed return to work plan and target return to work date.
• To carry a case load of up to 75 cases, managing 8 cases a day (made up of new and existing cases)
• To provide advice to employees on improving their health and support in returning them to work/maintaining their attendance
• To provide advice to line managers and HR on the expected length of absence of an employee, their capability to return to work and reasonable adjustments
• To manage cases from date of referral to sustained return to work, following up with individuals as required and updating HR/line managers on the outcome of those interventions
• To provide reports within 24 hours following initial contact. The structure of the report is set out in the manual but should contain as a minimum the reasons for referral, likely timescale of RTW, any medical/non-medical barriers to returning to work and if any adjustments may be required
• To understand the client organisations’ basic structure, as well as their policies, procedures, benefits and other factors relating to employee absence or return to work
• To liaise with treatment providers and suppliers where necessary (e.g. GP’s, Employee Assistance Programmes, Specialists etc.) to support the employee in their rehabilitation and understand their progress
• Cases should not be reviewed more than 3 times except in exceptional circumstances and then only with sign off from the CMO
• To triage cases, recommending appropriate and timely onward referral to an OHP if appropriate
• Ability to work independently whilst actively taking part in and supporting a larger case management team
• Ability to achieve 100% of client specific service level agreements
• Full adherence to all the relevant codes of conduct and relevant legislation
• To support Account Managers with pro-active management of Case Management clients by providing feedback on trends within the organisation and advice in improving sickness absence.
• Maintain CPD and professional standards at all times
• Case management experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent English grammar and spelling along with the ability to write concise and structured management advice reports with appropriate clinical advice
• Experience of working in an Occupational Health commercial environment preferable but not essential
• Proven ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
• NMC Accredited
• IT literate