Maximus is an international leader in delivering health and human services programmes. The company employs more than 11,000 professionals who deliver essential services to 35 million individuals across 300 sites in six countries.
The 5 Maximus UK entities employ 3,000+ people across the country.
This role is based in Ringmer (East Sussex), where a large UK IT infrastructure team resides.
Health Management (a MAXIMUS Company) offers expert medical advice, dynamic health-promotion campaigns and on-site clinical support to a wide range of employers nationwide. We offer a friendly and supportive working environment and understand the importance of quality and standards.
Health Management Limited is looking for a candidate who is passionate about developing transformative business solutions and who is keen to grow their career in technology. We are developing solutions using the Appian platform to provide automation of our processes and improved self-service capabilities to our clients. We are building an internal Appian development capability for provide the agility the business needs to grow and improve the business over time.
• Using existing skills and experience to be the Technical Lead for Appian development
• Produce detailed designs and time estimates for delivering solutions / features based on user / client requirements
• Work within an Agile/Scrum framework alongside business analysts, other developers and QAs as part of delivery team
• Develop features prioritised by Product Owner during sprints led by Scrum Master
• Unit testing features to ensure they meet requirements before being passed to formal QA
• Prepare and deliver feature demos to stakeholders
• Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies
• Release/promote updates to test and production environments following change and governance processes
• Resolution of escalated developer-oriented helpdesk issues
• Collaborate with internal team, partner and client resources on project related tasks, escalating any blocking issues as required.
• Assist the business in identifying other business process opportunities in which the BPM/AI/ML software could provide a solution.
Where existing skills and experience allow, work with legacy applications during transition to Appian:
• Support and development of existing application functionality using C# / SQL server
• User support and maintenance of existing applications, services and websites
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Extensive development on Appian platform using SAIL
• Extensive development experience with another Low-Code/No-Code platform (e.g. Salesforce, MatsSoft, ServiceNow or similar)
The ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate a passion for technology and improving business process and is keen to develop their career in Information Technology.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• 2.1 or higher at degree level in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
• SQL, HTML, CSS, and Java Script
• Object-oriented software development using C# and /or Java
• Use of SOAP/REST Web Services/API and associated XML/JSON interactions
• Database development and administration using SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or similar
• Development using open source technology (eg LAMP, JBOSS)
• Working in an Agile/Scrum project environment
• ‘DevOps’ software development and delivery
• Software QA / Testing
• Requirements gathering, requirements analysis, business process analysis and data modelling
• Knowledge of UML and object-oriented design.
• Thrive in a culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Team Player
• Calm, logical approach even under pressure
• Good time management skills
Ability to effectively prioritise incoming workload.