Patient Treatment and Care
- Maintains a high standard of evidence based medical practice for GP consultations and health screening
- Maintains high standards of communication with patients
- Maintains high standards for professional record keeping within the clinical team
Learning, Personal Development and Appraisal
- Keeps up to date with all medical developments and evidence based practice
- Attends regular practice meetings and clinical educational meetings (both internal and external)
- Undertakes audit, an annual appraisal, maintains Revalidation & Licence to
- Practise with GMC
- Coordinates audits
Clinical Governance and Risk Management
- Ensures compliance with CQC requirements in the practice
- Responsible for the clinical component of the induction of nurses and GPs at HML (NBS and in house clinics) ensuring their clinical practice, medical records and reports are of high quality and providing feedback and ongoing support where required.
- Researches clinical topics relevant to the needs of the team as and when required.
- Mentors nurses and GPs where required
- Handles day to day nurse and GP queries
- Assists the Primary Care Medical Director with updating and developing policies and procedures
- Assists the Primary Care Medical Director with updating and developing the primary care GP manual, nurse manual and nurse treatment manual and PGDs on an annual basis
- Supports an internal CPD programme at HML
- Supports the Medical Director with the Primary Care Audit programme – 3 monthly look back audits and other audits. Ensures that notes audits for each direct reporting clinician are undertaken annually and that at least two completed clinical audit cycles are completed each year.